Thursday, 17 March 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Taken in Inniskeen, Co. Monaghan, c.1942
Later on tonight I shall be raising a glass to St. Patrick, and today I wanted to share a favourite old photograph with you: a way of both honouring and sharing my heritage. Above is a photo taken in the village of Inniskeen, Co. Monaghan, and cheekily peeping over the shoulder of his brother, Mickey (on the left hand side of the photo), is my grandfather James (Jimmy to everyone in the know). Enjoy the ultimate Irish party today wherever you are - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm late! Very late! Hope you had a great St Patricks Day, that photo is just fantastic. Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never! I had a great St. Patrick's Day, thanks! Glad you like the photo - it's a favourite. I like to see my Grandad looking so cheeky! :) x

    ReplyDelete