Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Holiday Postcard


Toronto Skyline From Ward's Island, by my boyfriend.

Apologies for the lack of posting this week, but I hope you'll forgive me! Here I am in Toronto, and have been for the past week, managing to craftily avoid the cloud of volcanic ash currently causing chaos back home. Whether or not I manage to do so when I'm due to return is another matter entirely, but nevertheless, I'm very happy to be here enjoying the sights in the city and the beautifully sunny weather. 

This isn't my first visit, but I can safely say that it's the first time I have felt so at ease here and not so overwhelmed. By that I mean the sheer scale of the buildings downtown and the noise and commotion (I mean this in the nicest possible way, seeing as for the most part I live out in the country!) Of course, there is noise and commotion to be found in every city and I'm no stranger to it, but this hubub is a very different experience altogether.

Toronto is an amazing city with a very unique voice and it's a pleasure to walk around and take it all in, eat well and drink proper beer (as my boyfriend tells me). So far, my favourite spots are The Distillery District (an old and very elegant part of town) and more or less anywhere down by the lakeshore, where you could be forgiven for thinking you were at the seaside.

I hope to post more photos soon, and until then, hope you are enjoying whatever it is you're up to!

More soon...

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to more photos! I always wanted to visit Toronto

    I hope you manage (managed) to get home despite the ash cloud, it's been pretty disastrous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Polly, I did! Hope you have as well

    ReplyDelete