Monday, 29 March 2010

Dear Spring...

Dear Spring,

You fooled me. How did you manage it? You brought daffodils to the garden, and even a few half-hearted tulips (mostly all leaf and no flower head, but still). You encouraged the Forsythia to blossom, and you informed the country that, as of yesterday, we were to consider ourselves in "British Summertime". I do understand that this term is to be taken with a huge pinch of salt and a rueful smile, but come on. You even took an hour's sleep away from me so that I could enjoy a longer, lighter evening. You have brought breezy blue skies and budding hedgerows. Yesterday I even saw a bumble bee. This morning, early on, you confused the blackbird that visits my garden as he sat on my chimney stack, merrily singing, his voice carrying all the way down into my room via the fireplace.

But it seems you might have only been playing with us, because this morning was cold and miserable, and some joker at BBC Weather tells us all we're getting snow later this week.

Spring, is this your idea of an April Fools? Please do come back soon!

Yours sincerely,

Tired-of-wearing-tights, England.

(Photo by me) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment